Now a little more than a full week into fall camp, the position battles on the Arizona roster are starting to take shape.
- Of course, everyone wants to know who will play quarterback when the season opens Aug. 30 against Northern Arizona.
The open practice last Saturday at Fort Huachuca did not help that cause much, as head coach Rich Rodriguez was upset with the way the entire offense performed.
But GOAZCATS.com takes a look at the quarterbacks individually and gives you an idea of where things stand with each player.
- There are a number of other positions that have changed around parts the past few days.
Four, in particular, caught our eye and let you know who is trending up and who is trending down at each of the spots.
The observations and sounds of the past week help make the case, and we attempt to decipher what is a concern and what is a positive step in the right direction.
- On the hardwood, head coach Sean Miller updated the media on where his team is currently at this summer.
Find out why Aaron Gordon's biggest contribution to the team may indirectly help junior Nick Johnson more than anyone else on the team.
- Defense is a primary focus in Miller's teams, and the man-to-man approach on that end remains his philosophy.
But there will be some tweaks this season.
- For all of the hoopla surrounding Gordon and fellow freshman Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, find out why Elliott Pitts is a player Miller is excited to watch develop.
- Miller continued to make additions to his coaching staff, hiring Joseph Blair as an undergraduate assistant as the former Wildcat big man pursues his degree.
And the move could pay off for one certain 7-footer, in particular.
- When it comes to recruiting at Arizona things have slowed down a bit for the time being with the Wildcats right in the thick of fall camp. However that doesn't mean prospects are paying attention to their recruitments.
- On the football side of things there are a few recruits who are starting look at their options and are moving onto the next stage in the process by scheduling official visits.
We'll take a look at some of them in this week's War Room.
- Whether it's prospects like Jalen Brown or committed recruits like Naijiel Hale, there are plenty of big games coming up for Arizona recruits in the early portion of the season.
We will examine a few of the big early-season contests featuring UA targets and commits in this week's War Room.
- On the basketball side of things there are plenty of 2014 recruits who are trimming things down and scheduling their official trips.
We'll focus on three recruits who made changes to their lists within the last week or started making progress on a visit schedule as well.
To find out all that and more, click here and head over to the GOAZCATS.com War Room.
Click Here to view this Link.