Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
August 19, 2013
Arizona football media day gave us an opportunity to talk to the true freshmen and transfers who were previously off-limits.
But there was one surprise addition, as All-American running back Ka'Deem Carey broke his silence after an up-and-down eight months in the offseason.
GOAZCATS.com gives you an idea of how he handled the "car wash" of interviews, moving from outlet to outlet for a series of five-minute interviews.
- Davonte Neal spoke to the local media for the first time. Find out whether he knows anymore than the rest of us on the pending NCAA decision, as well as how he is handling the situation.
- Quarterback Anu Solomon tells us about the "on and off switch" that is the source of his competitive fire, and what the coaching staff thinks about his personality. Plus, how much thought has he given to redshirting as a true freshman?
- Find out why linebacker Scooby Wright plays the game at "a thousand miles an hour" and how that reckless style of play helped him catch defensive coordinator Jeff Casteel's attention early in camp.
- Tight end/punter Gerhard De Beer tells us about how his interest in American football first started while growing up in South Africa. Also, how exactly did he wind up on the Arizona football team?
- Slot receiver Nate Phillips explains why the transition has been seamless, to this point, and how his fascination with the weight room started.
- Cornerback Devin Holiday has a quiet confidence that has helped him seriously contend for a backup role this season. But one specific trait early in camp made him "antsy" at the start of fall practices.
- Receiver Samajie Grant said the coaches added up the amount of running his position group tallies per practice.
- Texas transfer Connor Brewer has experience one big reunion, or sorts, since deciding to play for Arizona.
And, there is much more from each player inside the War Room.
- On the hardwood, find out where Arizona ranked in the Pac-12 Conference, and nationally, in attendance last season.
- Arizona basketball picked up another big commitment over the weekend when five-star recruit Craig Victor announced his verbal pledge.
We'll have more background on what led to his decision in this week's War Room.
- What does Victor's decision mean for the rest of the 2014 class? We'll talk about how his decision plays into some other recruitments as well this week.
- On the football side of things the Wildcats are sitting pretty with 22 commitments so far in the 2014 class. However, there are a few big-name prospects still keeping UA in the mix.
We'll touch on Natrell Curtis' recruitment this week, as well as a few other recruits who are starting to make their way closer to a decision.
To find out all that and more, click here and head over to the GOAZCATS.com War Room.